Monday 2 July 2012

Day 6 post op and the dreaded before and early after photo



Thought I'd share a photo with you all so you can get an idea of why I underwent surgery and as time progresses, better photos of a smaller me.

This photo on the left was taken a week prior to my surgery.  I'll tell you now, I'm not a fan of having my photo taken and avoid being in the frame wherever possible, hence I'm always behind the camera either at events or on holidays (where unfortunately I'm not in many photos there either).


The photo above is the last time I will ever look like that.



WARNING: Please so not eat whilst viewing as it may put you off your food.


The photo on the right was taken day 4 post op, with my 5 ports sites on display.  I was worried that I would not be able to wear a bra post op, as I had read people had port sites right on the bra line, but thank God my surgeon seems to place ports in a more convenient location.  You can't really see, but the port site under my phone to the far right is the largest, which is where my surgeon pulled the cut away stomach from and which currently is the only port site that really hurts now.










Every day is an improvement.  I'm taking daily walks of only 15 minutes and less than a kilometre, which I will slowly build up as I recover.

And tomorrow, one week post surgery, is the all important weigh in.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you....it will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself, I know it was for me. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete